Thanks to all for your excellent comments on the previous post about the possibility of a new History and the Web conference. I’m happy to report that conversations are taking place or will soon take place with a couple of professional organizations to begin the process of defining what such a event might look like. To help gather information, we’re asking people to provide between 1 and 5 short statements in each of the following areas:
- The objectives or goals for a History & the Web conference should be . . .
- I think we need a new conference because . . .
- The audience for a History & the Web conference would be . . .
- I want to see these activities at a History & the Web conference . . .
- I would like a History & the Web conference to achieve these outcomes . . .
- I think the most important thing for the planners to keep in mind is that the event . . . (for example, be affordable, have an online virtual component, attract international participation, attract diverse participation, have opportunities for informal collaboration, attract as many participants as possible, be small and regional, etc.)
I’d love to have your contributions on these ideas. You can either leave them here in the comments, or if your thoughts get too lengthy, you can email them to me at email@example.com. Please try to get them in by the end of May.